Spectrum 35000 Hanger Holder, anyone?

galleyetteJuly 21, 2011

I'm researching the best way to introduce some kind of clothesline or rod in a skinny 2nd floor laundry room. Our major requirement is for drying shirts and pants. This product folds up against the wall when not in use. Some of the reviews indicate that the hangers can be left on it when it is in the folded position.

Does anyone know if that concept works with thicker plastic hangers as well as metal ones?

The obvious problem with most of the retractable alternatives is what happens to the hangers when the rod disappears!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spectrum 35000 Hanger Holder

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

My only concern with that gadget is the amount of air space between the garments, for drying purposes. I'm very married to my old folding wood drying racks because they allow sufficient space. (the ones currently on the market, that I have found, are fairly awful)

"The obvious problem with most of the retractable alternatives is what happens to the hangers when the rod disappears!"
The plastic and the wire hangers will have to go elsewhere, but the clear plastic type with swivel hooks could stay on there. Our hangers stay on an over the door hanger holder, which often holds drying shirts on hangers. Our treadmill sees more action from shirts drying on hangers, than from its owners.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 4:02PM
More Discussions
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™