9 or 12 cycle washer

cookie_growJuly 11, 2010

Hello, does anyone know what the difference is between 9 wash cycles or 12 wash cycles. I am researching washers and am deciding between the

LGSteamWasher 4.2 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Large Capacity Washer and

Samsung4.3 Cu. Ft. 12-Cycle Ultra Capacity Steam Washer

I tried searching for the difference, but couldnt find anything. Hope someone can help me out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
georgect

Long explanation short...not much of a difference.

When a manufacturer of a washer creates a cycle they predetermine time, turning speed, turning rhythm, spin speed or no spin, water amount, water temp., rinse temp., timing of additives, etc.

You can always edit these "default" predetermined cycles (i.e. longer/shorter wash time, water temp. change, extra rinse etc).
More cycles are a "convenience".

Just look at each web sites owners manuals online and see of you need or want those cycles on your soon to be new washer. You may want an "Auto-Soak Cycle" if offered on one brand and not the other.

Best of luck with your decision.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 11:05PM
cookie_grow

Thanks. I am thinking of going with LG, cause it has most of the cycles I am looking for. The LG one also seems to come with lots of warranties compared to the Samsung.

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 8:34AM
suburbanmd

Which cycles are common to the two washers, and which are on only one or the other?

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 12:47PM
cookie_grow

Common ones are deep steam cleaning, permanent press, delicate, hand wash.
However LG also has allergiene (to remove dander etc...) and cotton/normal,sanitary and bulky/large. Seems like LG has more choices relevant to me than Samsung.

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 4:21PM
suburbanmd

Hmm, the Samsung must have a cycle or cycles for cotton/normal. If it's a steam washer, I'd be surprised if it doesn't have a sanitary cycle. Maybe it doesn't have a bulky/large or comforters cycle. If it doesn't, you probably can't make one out of another cycle.

From other threads here, I've gotten the impression that Samsung wash temperatures are on the low side, which is something else to consider.

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 11:28AM
cookie_grow

thats what I found strange too, I used the comparison option on best buy website, maybe its not too accurate. I checked samsungs own website and they have a normal option, so thats ok i guess. Not sure about wash temp, I will have to look into that.

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
Define "Dark"/Woolite for Dark Colors
My bad. I should have called the company and asked...
monicakm_gw
HELP where can I (quickly) purchase a XL pan/try for my washer?
I bought a washer at Home Depot and two people there...
peasknees
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™