Help! True or False Quiz RE: Top Load or Front
Old washer kicked the bucket. After hours of research I feel like I'm going in circles. Please help me decide what to buy because my laundry pile is growing! I thought I'd pose this age-old question again as I am not finding current (2012) consensus on some of the controversial issues of the past. So what's the latest on these complaints?
Top-Load/Front-Load True or False?
1. Top-Loaders don't clean as well as FL. Some don't even get wet in the middle
2. TL user manuals state that you have to individually ball up clothes or they won't clean well
3. TL's are harder on clothes
4. TL's tangle up your clothes leaving wrinkles
5. TL's are noisier
6. Front Loaders will have mildew issues if even if you use the right amount of products and leave door open.
7. FL's boots often go bad and are expensive to repair
8. FL's motors need repair more due to stuff falling through the boot.
9. Front loaders are more expensive to repair than HE TL's
I want to spend under $1000. I looked at the new Samsung PowerFoam FL WF405ATPAW on hold but am leary due to their service reputation. Considering Electrolux IQ Touch but am open to Top Loaders. I see that many of you have done far more research than I ever will have time for so your help is appreciated! Hope to buy before the 4th of July sales are over so I'd appreciate your timely responses!