New lennox heating and air quote questions

arliedogNovember 13, 2011

I have a quote from a Lennox dealer for a new Dlp98v furnace and XC17 air conditioner to replace a existing 28 year old system. It is a 70,000 BTU furnace and a two ton airconditioner unit. A minimum amount of duct work changes is required. The dealer is quoting $4379 for the dlp98v and $4275 for the air conditioner and $350 for sheetmetal work for a total price of $9004. There is then a $1300 Lennox rebate. I see on line that the actual dealer price for the furnace is $1739. Is this quote out of line?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigerdunes

Price sounds a little frisky but you don't mention your location and after all, you are talking about top of line Lennox.

Shop around. Look at the York/Luxaire mod furnace, new Carrier, Trane XC, or possibly another Lennox dealer.

IMO

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 11:22AM
arliedog

I am in Quincy IL. Got Carrier coming out this afternoon to give me a quote.

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 1:40PM
PaidSubscriber

Since I just got a quote on a Lennox split system myself, I think it might be a little high. Always think of out of pocket costs. Did your Lennox guy mention that if you put the job on your Costco credit card, you get $100 Costco gift card for every $1000 you spend? Have you looked into your local gas company to see if they are offering cash-back rebates for high-efficiency systems? In Massachusetts they are... for a 98% system I think I get a check for $800.00 and then there's a possibility of a tax credit.

Anyway, my out of pocket guaranteed cost was about the same as yours (low $9K) before the Lennox rebate but with the Costco deal. The system is a 110,000 BTU SLP98uh110k btu Furnace & 14acx- 4 ton AC with Lennox 2 zone Harmony Zoning Panel and dampers. There will be some minor sheetmetal/duct work to make the transition from two systems to one system. The electronic damper system itself can cost $2K installed, and of course they're giving me two touchscreen thermostats plus a winter cover for the AC and a bunch of other stuff.

If you can point me to where you're seeing dealer prices for furnaces & AC units I'd appreciate it. I've found some sites but they are not 100% complete. I would call in another Lennox guy or consider getting the equipment your self and having a licensed HVAC guy set it all up. Maybe a moonlighter, but I usually don't like doing that only because if something's not right I want service ASAP.

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 8:06PM
More Discussions
Rheem Econet AC
Does anyone know when the new Rheem econet Ac units...
bdubb5
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
auxiliary heat vs. emergency heat
Greetings, I have a Bryan Evoltion Control heat pump...
decadent
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
Pls tell me the best uses for Carrier Air Handler Model # FV4CNF003
Hi GW, I am stuck with a new 2012 air handler/heat...
ontariomom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™