Tempstar Furnace Pilot flame won't light

CBR549November 13, 2012

Tempstar Furnace converted to propane.

I am getting gas up to the ignitor assembly and the ignitor glows but won't light the pilot flame. I have cleaned the pilot orifice and can see light through the small pin hole.

What else can I do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kalining

who did the convertion ? You can see what light through what small pin hole ? If you have " hot surface ingition " you don't have a pilot flame. Do you have an "interupted " pilot ? You having propane and not knowing what your doing ( no offense ) could be the makings of a really big bang. N.G. is a little more forgiving but not that much. If the convertion is recent call the company back and tell them to fix it. Don't play with it call in a service company.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CBR549

Perhaps I should have been more thorough in my description.
Converted to Propane from Natural Gas âÂÂTempStarâ Model #NTC5075BFE2 with a Honeywell SV9500M 2682 Smart Valve.

The conversion was done by a local company some nine years ago. No offence taken at all but I have cleaned and serviced this furnace myself more than several times and rest assured I take every safety precaution when working with it. I donâÂÂt want to go âÂÂboomâÂÂ.
I removed the âÂÂIgnitor/Flame AssemblyâÂÂ, cleaned the pilot orifice (Light Through The Pin Hole) and replaced the Ignitor/Flame Rod as it was damaged.
This is the sequence of events that occurs at the furnace when I engage the call for heat:
The draft inducer starts
The hot surface ignitor energizes
But no pilot flame ignites
I have checked gas flow but cannot check pressure and no the pilot âÂÂneverâ ignites.
I do appreciate your concern and no offence intended at all but I need information not a safety lecture.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
Problems with HVAC in 1958 Cape Cod
I've been reading the blogs here and hope that the...
ginaff58
Greenspeed, is this setup ideal/ worth it?
I am building up on my house (cape style) in Long Island...
David
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
Baseboard heater thermostats
We are looking to install (2) 120v baseboard heaters...
stephja007
Is 16 SEER Lennox A/C 5X better than 18 SEER Goodman?
I bought a bank repo home 2 years ago in San Diego....
davidahn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™