Oxydol Detergent

i_dig_itJuly 8, 2010

I recently noticed Oxydol powder detergent in Dollar General and was wondering if anyone here has given it a try lately?

I remember Oxydol from years ago when it was a P&G product, but now it is owned by a different company and I suppose the formula is different too.

I don't remember all the ingredients on the box, but they were something like surfactants, enzymes, sodium carbonate and other cleaning agents, or something to that effect.

The box claims it is for use in conventional as well as HE machines and is supposed to keep clothes smelling fresh longer. I just don't want something that is strongly fragranced, like Gain, yuck!

They have a website, but I could not find much information about the ingredients, but you can print out a $1 coupon!

So if anyone has tried this new Oxydol please give me your thoughts.

TIA

Here is a link that might be useful: Oxydol Detergent

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calliope

I just bought a box of it the last time I needed detergent. The old Oxydol was a fav of my mother's. It smells to me just like it used to and the aroma was fairly noticeable in the machine, but the dried laundry did not have much of an aroma at all. Cleaned like gangbusters. I'd buy it again.

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 10:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenjunkie4life

I was so happy to see the powder on the shelf. It works great and smells clean. The scent I remember from my childhood. Not overpowering at all. I didn't have to use any additives at all. I will definately be using oxydol as my main detergent.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 8:35AM
More Discussions
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™