Laundry Room Layout Help, multi multi purpose!
After 20 years we are redoing our Laundry Room and will be putting in a new floor, paint, countertops and cabinets. We also happen to have a toilet in there! And, yes we planned it that way and will replace it with a new skirted model. I know it is unusual but we love having a toilet right off the garage and near kitchen -- do not love the view from the door.
I have a few ideas of adding cabinets and replacing everything else but would love to make the best use of the space and know that many of you may have great ideas. Please pass along any suggestions.
We are also redoing the kitchen and have unfinished basement so changes are easy right now-- will not be later.
1. Washer and Dryer - could replace with new ones under current cabinets. Like the idea of the drawer under unit to make them easier to use. Any other location ideas? Stacked units are a possibility also. Stacked units could fit in the current toilet area but where would toilet go?
2. Sink -- do not need big one, we have large utility sink in garage nearby. Use for hand washing and clothes hand washing..
3. Folding counter space - some needed
4. Hanging space - sometimes hang long pants and shirts
5. Step ladder space needed for accessing upper cabinets in kitchen
6. Coat Hanging space on wall works - this is only space near Garage
7. Place to put laundry baskets - now use folding counter and use under counter baskets for storage
Would love Landing Zone - for purse, things to put in car, etc as walk in
Any way of shielding toilet? do not want to make access difficult as I have been on crutches more than once in the last few years.
Drying rack space
New door - Swinging door would automatically stay closed to obscure view but would need a lock.
Storage - as much as possible
Like not having the washer in your face when you open the door to Laundry room.
Thanks for taking a look at this and helping me update this room.