What pre spotters - stain spotters do you have in your regimine

chefwongJuly 29, 2013

I have 2. I use Bac-Out that I just spray the collar, etc before it get's thrown in the hamper.

Oxi Clean Spray for spot staining everything else that I might see that I have not *dwelled* with Bac Out that is coming out of the hamper for a wash.

New Baby in Town. Tons of staining here and there.
Doing washes quite often to boot ;-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jellytoast

Soil-Love. Works on just about everything, even blood.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 11:42AM
oregpsnow

Most of my stains are food, usually greasy stuff. I put a small amount of Dawn dishwashing liquid on the spot - just enough to saturate it. Great for breaking down grease and oil on clothes and wildlife. Not too much or you can get suds. Then I apply some of my regular Method detergent over that and let it sit for a few minutes. It takes out everything I have tried it on.

I love Bac-Out for odors in the garbage can and bathroom but never had very good luck with food stains.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 2:31PM
robert.p

I agree with the reco on Dawn for greasy food stains. I used Resolve on a t-shirt spot twice and then finally remembered Dawn. A small dab, rub it in and it took the spot out the first time.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 6:03PM
fahrenheit_451

Ecover Stain Remover and Shout Advanced for direct application; Biz for bucket presoak.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 7:42PM
whirlpool_trainee

None.

Used to have P&G's spray but couldn't tell much of a difference. A cold fill heated to warm or hot along with powdered detergent does the trick for me. If I feel like soaking something, I'll just add some liquid detergent into a bucket with warm water and let items soak while the first load is washing.

Alex

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 9:22PM
sreedesq

For grease, Stanley Degreaser is the absolute best.

I like the new Oxi-Clean Stain Stick.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 2:51PM
Cavimum

For sunscreen on golf shirt collars, I have to use Charlies Soap all-purpose cleaner. I think it is the indoor/outdoor formula, and I dilute it to half strength. Sunscreen is nasty stuff.

My poor hubby is allergic to something in "Shout" stain-pre-treat spray. Most likely the perfume is the irritant. The CS does a decent job and hubby has no more rashes on his neck.

I can't say the CS works well on greasy/fat stains, though. I have had a few do-overs in that area. Liquid Persil and even basic 'original' Dawn dishwashing liquid do a good job on those.

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 10:17AM
Pat

"Shout"

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™