Bluing in Bravos MVWB850

sld_sandyJuly 4, 2011

How should I use Bluing in my new Bravos?

Normally, I would add bluing when filling the washer, let it a agitate a little, add the clothes and let them soak. With this new Bravos washer sensing the load and lid locking,I cannot do this...Advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sshrivastava

If you are using Mrs. Stewart's, dilute your bluing in 1 quart of water. If you can't add the diluted bluing directly to the wash, fill up one of the detergent dispensers with as much diluted bluing as it will hold. I would also fill up the FS compartment as well. Make sure your bluing is first diluted in 1 QT of water otherwise you run the risk of staining your detergent drawer.

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 12:32PM
mara_2008

It seems to me it *might* be best to load the laundry, let the water go into the washer and agitate for a moment or so, then add the bluing (already diluted in a quart of water), let the washer agitate a few minutes, then let the laundry soak as you mentioned.

You can press Pause to unlock the lid lock; I have this washer.

I haven't ever used bluing, in any type washer. This just seems like it might work well.

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 3:57PM
sld_sandy

Click on the link below and read the comments from others as to what Mrs. Stewart's Bluing does for your laundry. No bleach, just white clothes. My grandmother and mother used this and I just followed their lead. I'm always getting compliments on my white clothes. Now, I just need to figure out how to use it in this new washer. Mara, since you have this washer, I'm going to try as you suggested...Will keep you posted.

http://www.mrsstewart.com/pages/custcomments.htm

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™