Western Exposure --correct image

bertz3November 25, 2007

I just moved into a new house and the family room has a western exposure. There is inexpensive window film on the windows and we are going to replace it, but the company who will be installing it said that we would still need some sort of window treatment because of the extent of the glare.

We love the windows and would like to keep the window treatment as simple as possible. Any shades would need to be motorized. The main problem is the arch of the center upper window. Other than shutters, none of the other types of shades seem to have a product that will work with the eyebrow.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oceanna

Wow! That's a gorgeous wall of windows! I'm trying to remember the treatments I've seen on HGTV -- Divine Design comes to mind. My guess is Candace would put simple drapes or curtains across the bottom windows and do nothing with the upper ones. Have you talked to more than one company about that glare?

Bookmark   November 27, 2007 at 3:31AM
lynne_melb

I agree, those windows are beautiful.

We live in Florida and use the window films on all windows. So I also think you should get another opinion on the window film. We used 3M. There are different versions - I think we used the Premier line. It greatly reduces the glare.

Bookmark   November 28, 2007 at 12:56PM
bertz3

We had 2 quotes on Vista window film, but I have not contacted others. Guess I will do that next. Thanks for your input.

Bookmark   November 28, 2007 at 6:17PM
More Discussions
Front door color advice
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
Things to ask a landscaper?
We have no landscaping around our house yet and after...
SheeshareeII
Advice on blue ceiling please
I'm planning to repaint our living room sometime soon,...
jlc712
Unique Craftsman trim & wainscotting Examples, Info, Opinions
I am looking for examples of unique craftsman and/or...
Corbin Dodge
Need help for exterior of home!
My husband and I recently bought a 1960's mid century...
betsmurph198
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™