Furnace Cycling at least twice before catching

RaymondTJacksonNovember 10, 2013

My furnace cycles on and off, sometimes several times before it actually catches and sometimes it will actually fault and the led will blink, signalling a lock out. I have had a furnace guy over and we replaced the flame-sensor, the computer and he blew the pressure tub to make sure it was clear. I have some video of the problem here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lne4hpc2f130h60/MVI_0050.AVI

And here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zei050odkt7jig2/MVI_0052.AVI

If these links don't work please let me know.

In dealing with this problem, I made a few changes in the furnace which may or may not have affected the issue of multi-cycling. When looking at the furnace closer I noticed that the burner in front of the flame sensor was upside-down. Even though it didn�t lot like it was of any material significance, I took it out and flipped it right-side up. While I was at it, also switched it with the burner two burners down from it. That seems like it might have helped it a little, and it might have been wishful thinking, because for the first week or so, the furnace seem to start on the first cycle. But now it takes at least two cycles, but it is better than it was. If you have time check out these videos to see what's going on. They might give a clue to what is going on. Thanks again.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

Check the flame roll out and pressure switches. Also check to see if the heat exchanger is cracked.

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 10:09PM
RaymondTJackson

Hi,

Roll outs have been checked as have the pressure switch (there is only one on my furnace that I know of). How do you check for a cracked heat exchanger? I have heard that suggestion before, even before I made the videos. Thanks.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 11:10PM
mike_home

Do a Google search. You will find several explanations and Youtube videos.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Any Reviews/Feedback on Daikin HVAC (Dallas)
Anyone install a Daikin HVAC system yet? We are in...
DallasArts
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
Propane furnace
I am considering replacing propane furnace & A/C...
zver11
Are mini-splits a bad idea.
I have lived in both Europe and the Middle East and...
bry911
New Mini Split Designs for 2015
I, and I am sure others, would love to hear what is...
josey11
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™