front load suggestions?

saleongJuly 11, 2010

I'm going to need to buy two washers, 1 will probably be immediately (odd, loud noises). I'm looking for something that's got durability and cleans really well. The immediate one will go into an small apartment complex (3 1-bed units). I don't need to have coin operated, but either way works. The second will be in about 6-9 months when my new house is finished (I'll need both W&D).

The current washers are fairly simple, 4 wash/rinse temp settings & 4 cycle settings (permanent, gentle, extra rinse, etc). All of these are fairly simple manual systems, so I'd like to stay simple, if possible. Super large capacity is also not an issue since there's only 2 people max in any apartment & usually only 1.

I was looking at LG and Electrolux, but now am thinking about Speed Queen or Maytag. Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grahamw

From personal experience, I'd avoid a large capacity LG machine. About 2 months after the 1 year warranty expired, the plastic impeller on mine broke which ended up jamming/smoking the motor. For the cost of the broken parts, I could have bought a new machine. I had similar experiences with an LG dishwasher when the heating element died... apparently you need to replace both the element & sump assembly or it will leak.

I ended up buying a use Miele front-load washer and couldn't be happier with it.

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™