Reverse tumble in dryers

lalitharJuly 24, 2012

Which brands have reverse tumble preferably throughout the cycle? From AJ Madison, it looks like only fisher paykel and GE? Any others? This is very important to me as we wash several long sheets every week and wrestling with the knotted mess is what I hate the most.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

I tried the Electrolux Wave Touch, and their reverse tumble only activates the last 9-10 minutes....so by that time, there can be a big ball of sheets tumbling around.

Miele ELECTRIC dryers reverse tumble from the cycle start to the finish. Their gas dryers reverse tumble less.

My Mom has the GE (the one with the ugly tear drop shaped door) and hers reverse tumbles, but I do not know the frequency. She does always say how good her sheets dry though.

Never seen the Fisher Paykel in action, but I know a few members on our board have one, and they seem happy.

I could learn to love and live with another washer besides my Miele W4842 (although I love it), I could not live without my T9802 Electric dryer. It reverse tumbles so much, I maybe iron 1-3 items PER YEAR. It is a totally amazing dryer!!!!

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 10:18AM
dadoes

Lalitha,

F&P SmartLoad and AeroSmart dryers (both electric and gas) run a tumble pattern of 4 minutes forward and 40 seconds reverse throughout the cycle (both drying and cool-down).

Each 30-second tumble period (every 5 mins) reverses during the Wrinkle Free extended-tumble function, which can run for nearly 24 hrs (255 tumble cycles) as protection against wrinkles if one can't unload immediately.

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 1:37PM
bonesoda

@larsi: I was afraid of sheets in a ball in the elux. I did one load with 6 sheets, quilt cover and some other small items... none of it got balled up even though i had 3 fitted sheets and all of them were evenly dry.

I think i enabled the perfect tumble (i think that's what its called)

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 1:46AM
cj47_gw

I have had the E'lux washer and dryer since February and have found that the Perfect Tumble feature works very well to keep things from tangling up. No more tangled clumps of jeans, and my king sheets come out smooth and not rolled up in a ball.

Cj

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 9:22AM
georgect

@cj47 what does the term "Perfect Tumble" mean?

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 11:27PM
lalithar

I got the email response fron Elux on their "Perfect Tumble"

Yes, �the 70 Series uses a Reverse Tumble..... �It is called "Perfect Tumble" in the Specs. �Here is a copy of the specs for Perfect Tumble- �

PERFECT TUMBLE
The perfect tumble option uses reverse tumble
action during cool down to reduce tangling and
wrinkling.

The 70 Series has the most Custom Features of any Washer on the market.��

So basically other than Miele, I seem to be out of options for full fledged tumble.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 12:08AM
dadoes

So basically other than Miele, I seem to be out of options for full fledged tumble. You didn't read the details I provided above on F&P's reverse tumble?

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 9:17AM
More Discussions
Fisher+Paykel Eco Intuitive not working properly
Hello, I hope someone out there can help me! I have...
varietypack
Advice on machines (Frontload vs HE Top load; LG vs Electrolux)
Hello there! I am doing a renovation/redesign of my...
jaybird1487
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
Tide Turbo Clean Detergent
Has anyone tried the new tide turbo clean line. I saw...
harlowolivia
Sponsored Products
Babymoov Turbo Steam Zen Electric Sterilizer - A003103
$64.99 | Hayneedle
Set of Two 12-in. Extensions
$15.50 | FRONTGATE
Outdoor Patio Set: Palazetto Milan Collection Outdoor Loveseat Set - Seats 4
Hayneedle
Bidet4me Electric Bidet White Electronic Seat with Dryer (E-300A)
Overstock.com
Slumber Solutions Machine Washable 1.5-inch Queen/ King-size Memory Foam Mattres
Overstock.com
PrimaLoft Down Alternative Comforter
Grandin Road
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™