Do we need to reinforce our floor for washer?

sjantz41July 13, 2013

We would like to know if we need to reinforce our floor for a front load washer and dryer. Our floor specs are as follows. Solitaire's Exclusive Grid Work Floor System features 2x6 transverse floor joints on 16 inch centers. An overlay of 2x3 longitudinal stringers completes the grid.
5/8 inch plywood Sturdy Floor decking is glued and fastened to the Exclusive Grid Work Floor System. We are trying to avoid the vibration issue before we move the units into our laundry room. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
erinsean

Not sure about your flooring but we had a Front Load washer and when it spun, it sounded like a jet taking off and it vibrated terrible...anything sitting on top of it, fell off. When we went to replace it we talked to the merchant and he said that our machine was belt driven. The new machines (same brand) are direct drive. We did buy the direct drive and you can hardly hear it spinning. This is on a laminate floor, 1st floor of our ranch house, next to the kitchen. I know the LG and the Whirlpool are direct drive and I am sure there are others out there.

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 2:44PM
More Discussions
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™