Any opinions/knowledge about Great Northern Cabinetry?

witgirlJanuary 31, 2013

My KD is recommending this line of custom cabinetry for our kitchen. All wood construction, pigmented stain (for white cabinets which we want) which is better for durability (she says and this makes sense), dovetailed drawers - soft close, inset doors no extra charge. She compared it to the Brookhaven line of cabinets in terms of quality. As I am unfamiliar with these cabinets - not sure what that meant. This company is a small family owned business in Wisconsin - I do like that aspect. AND apparently these are 10% off through the end of February. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miruca

witgirl - our KD is recommending this line of cabinetry as well. I have not found much information about them - other than an American company.

They do have three levels and I did a little table of these in Word to see the comparison.

I am not sure we are going with them - primarly because they are not able to do some options we'd like. They will however replicate a Kraftmaid stain we really like.

Did you make a decision on these yet?

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 11:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
witgirl

Hi Miruca - Sorry, I just saw your post - yes, we made a decision and decided to get the Great Northern. They actually just arrived this week and are beautiful. Contractors are impressed, especially with the box construction, drawer glides and finish on them, which is perfect. we will see how everything looks put together, but as of now, they look great and are completely in line with my vision for the kitchen. The cabinets we ordered have inset drawers and doors - shaker style doors and slab drawers, so really simple. There was no up charge for inset or soft close - this comes standard.

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 1:12AM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Ideas for backsplash???
We are making our way through a kitchen renovation,...
Jessica DeMay
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™