Lint Trap

beware_of_searsJuly 27, 2010

I was wondering if there is a reason that my lint falls right off the trap when I am pulling the lint trap out of the dryer. It is very fine particles that go everywhere in the laundry room. Is there anyway to prevent this? Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
liriodendron

No long-furred pets in your household, huh? Seriously, the cat and rabbit fur seem to hold the assorted lint types together at my house.

I think you'll just have to cover it with a paper towel, or spritz it lighly as you pull it out, or hold the waste can up to the machine. Sounds like your filter mechanism is working quite well.

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 1:19AM
joe_in_philly

Perhaps there is a coating of softener or other additives on the screen. You could try cleaning the screen with warm water, dish detergent, and a soft brush. Be sure to dry the screen thoughly before puting it back into the dryer.

Joe

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 10:59AM
dadoes

Take precautions against lint falling down into the filter chute. It can clog the blower housing if it gets stuck in there. If it blows on through, it can clog the exhaust ducting.

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 3:13PM
beware_of_sears

To all that responded, thanks so much for your tips and tricks! These are some excellent ideas. Have a great day!

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 11:14PM
More Discussions
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™