Ideas for layout of small laundry/utility room

grahamwJune 6, 2012

Hi all,

I'm looking for ideas on how to layout a small laundry room. The room, unfortunately, is shared with most other utilities (electrical panel, water meter, furnace, hot water tank and sump). I have Miele 24" wide machines that can be stacked if needed. Ideally, I would like to get both machines in AND a small(ish) laundry sink but this cannot be too close to the electrical panel. And, of course, some flat space for folding/ironing would also be great... Does anyone know of a small, deep, 3-sided laundry sink that I can squish in beside the machines as drawn? I'm not afraid of custom cabinet work if it is needed.

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grahamw

Looking for some more feedback please.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 7:09AM
rmtdoug

Can you place the washer and dryer on the angled sections of wall and place a small sink between, where the WD currently sit? You could certainly put a folding table against the wall where the electrical panel is.

You could also try the dryer against the right angled wall and the washer next to it with the front corners touching and put the sink on the left angle wall and build a shelf above both the washer and dryer and also along the wall with the electrical panel.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 1:18PM
aloha2009

We're in the process of finishing up a remodeling of the laundry room. It's so exciting!

Have you thought of and could you change the swing of the door to perhaps swing out into the adjacent room and perhaps onto the outside wall of the water heater/furnace. This would free up quite a bit of space in the room.

Though you've indicated where the electrical and water meter is, if you could take a picture of the area so we can get a better idea of how this area could be better used. It's unclear of the clearance needed on the wall itself (height, depth).

The bayed out area where you have the W/D looks like it might provide for some great architectural interest w/o having to spend a lot of money.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 11:07AM
mara_2008

Another suggestion (assuming there's room) is to install pocket doors. They would never be in the way at all.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 8:14AM
More Discussions
Define "Dark"/Woolite for Dark Colors
My bad. I should have called the company and asked...
monicakm_gw
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
Does Persil Liquid ProClean from Walmart USA contain....
optical brighteners. Their website is next to useless...
spicy19
LG/Kenmore Elite 5.2 washer & 9.0 Dryer
Hey everyone! Happy New Year!! Does anyone have any...
larsi_gw
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
Sponsored Products
Madison Square Rod Pocket 96-inch Curtain Panel
Overstock.com
52" Windstar II Brushed Steel and Crystal Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
WallsNeedLove Keys to My Heart Self-Adhesive Wallpaper - WP97-8FT
$66.00 | Hayneedle
Asian Style Black Luxury Bathroom Sinks
maestrobath
Alcove Sofa by Vitra
$8,850.00 | Lumens