Is this deal I found on a F&P set too good to be true?

jeanninepc99June 4, 2010

I have been reading this forum forever, knowing that I will need to replace the builder grade washer that came with my new construction condo.

While browsing Craigslist on a whim, I found a company in the region that refurbishes appliances. They have a Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer set for an amazing price - a little over $500. It seems to good to be true.

The listing mentions that the washer is "ecosmart", but the item number doesn't seem to follow F&P numbering. It's listed as GG710990.

Does the lack of a model number I recognize mean these things are antiques?

Someone on Craigslist is also selling a Cabrio 660 SW washer for $400. That seemed promising...

I wonder why people sell washer/dryers on CL, though.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Appears to be a GWL11 pair. Not an antique by any means, but also not the most recent model (~three models back, but there's very little functional difference). GG710990 isn't a U.S. model number, or a serial number or part number, so don't know what's that reference. The frontload dryer is a rebadged GE, a competent machine. $500 is perhaps a tad high for a used pair, except depends on the condition in terms of "refurbished" and if there's a warranty.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 9:49PM
More Discussions
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™