Samsung Steam washer problem already

mike_73June 6, 2011

Ok I was loving this machine but now after just 2 months I noticed a problem, over the weekend i was doing wash and running around redoing my first floor apartment. I was in the basement fishing out some tools when the washer was spinning out the wash water to go in to a rinse and the drum was way out of balance banging both sides of the cabinet. It did stop and do something to get back in line but I find that not good for a new machine to be doing that. the load was towels on sanitary. then later it did it again on a comforter with the bedding cycle.

I called best buy today they told me that didn't seem right either. I was very concerned since my Frigidaire self destructed that way in the final high speed spin.

Any one else have an issue like this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joyce_6333

I've had my Samsung pair for almost 2 years now with not a problem. At times when it starts spinning and is off balance, it slows down, and kind of re-adjusts itself and continues the spin cycle. Samsung front-loader apparently has something called VRT (vibration reduction technology) that is "supposed" to reduce the vibration. I think a call to Samsung is in order. Maybe this is an obvious/dumb question, but is your washer sitting level?

I know these machines are getting a bad reputation on this forum, but so far I've found mine to work superbly. The only thing that annoys me is the 3 hour wash cycle if you select all the options (steam, sanitize, prewash, extra hot water, extra rinse, extra high speed spin, etc).

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 10:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_73

thanks Joyce

I did call best buy since I paid for the black tie service, which is contracted out. the guy tried to come last tuseday when I was at work and they only work until 4pm I work until 4:30 so I have to have them out when I am off on fridays or take a day off... bummer and he never called to see when I would be home.
the machice is level and on cement floor. I can't shake it at all but the thing does its banging if I do towels or a comforter. it shakes from the top to the pedistal, while the pedistal remains solid on the floor. I even checked the legs when it was doing that they are not boncing at all.

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 4:26PM
More Discussions
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™