Recommend a TL washer-Good value in a medium price range, please

johnxyzJune 29, 2011

Hi Everyone, We referenced The HomeSite when we did over our kitchen and both baths in our vintage house. I'm back for recommendations and advice for a topload washer. What do you recommend? Not really looking to pay for a Miele, Asko or ElectroLux. Is a heating element (?) in the washer a good idea or avoid?

Maytag vs LG? Sears or Best Buy? Lowes or Home Depot? Would like to purchase over July 4th Holiday w/e if there are any good sales. We are in NJ - what about local appliance stores instead of the large chain stores?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
exgm

Not so much a recommendation I'm afraid, but when our 24 year old GE (Camco mf'd) finally gave up I researched a fair a bit and really didn't like what I found. It was summed up by a couple of repair guys who basically said "you won't get that type of service out of anything today".
Ended up picking up a low-end 'Estate-by-Whirlpool' top loader model that does the job, no bells and whistles on it though. Repair guys said they've had all manner of issues with some higher end unit's electronics - circuit boards etc.
If you find a good deal, plug the model # in on a search engine before you buy and see what others are experiencing, it could be enlightening!

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 8:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sevrm

I recently bought a Maytag Bravos (Model MVWX500XW) from Sears for about $475. I am very happy with it. Whatever you get, I would strongly recommend a "high efficiency" top loader. The tub will be much roomier and much easier to load and empty. Lowes had the same model, but at a higher price. However, I believe that Lowes is having an appliance sale this weekend so you may want to look there.

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 8:48AM
More Discussions
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
front loading washer doesn't get clothes clean
8 years ago I bought a GE profile front loading washing...
slogan3561
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™