My granite is in!

fishymomJanuary 31, 2014

My Magma Gold (Sedna) granite was installed this morning! I am so excited, it was supposed to be installed on Feb. 14th, but a change of schedule allowed them to do it today. I can't stop looking at it, I love it so much! The wall cabinets will be installed tomorrow, but the microwave drawer cabinet and dishwasher end panel won't be in until the 12th, so I still have a ways to go before completion. But this is progress!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fishymom

This is my favorite piece!

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 3:03PM
teachertile

Looks very nice!

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 3:08PM
chicagoans

Beautiful! Love the flowy look of it. Congrats!

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 3:22PM
annkh_nd

That is beautiful! I like your backsplash too.

I don't believe I've ever heard the words "they were able to put it in 2 weeks early" before!

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 3:25PM
fishymom

Thank you, I still can't believe it is in! We are in South Florida and have had a lot of rain that must have put one of there other jobs off schedule, lucky for me! Annkh, I love my old backsplash too, but I am soon to be a member of the ABB club. I need to find something that will work well with my wall cabinets, which are the mushroom color of the hood.

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 3:39PM
bookworm4321

I'm confused; your BS look good with that lovely, flowing granite.

Another S Fl person here. I don't know if you access my e-mail, but curious who were your wonderful fabricators (that came early)

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 5:13PM
sprtphntc

we have that granite also and i still love it after 2 and half years...!!!!

just a thought, how about the granite as your BS...we did it on our cooktop wall it was the best decision and looks awesome!! no grout to worry about and honestly, nothing can compare to Sedna as your BS, its just that gorgeous!!!
IMHO...

on our other wall, we put 6x6 travertine tiles... i felt we needed something "rough" to contrast the granite and we
are very pleased with the result... if u email me i can send some pics to u directly...i just can never get it right to post pics here :(

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 5:22PM
fishymom

Bookworm, the tumbled marble is the backsplash that we put in 5 years ago. We had a 4 inch granite backsplash at the bottom that was removed with the old granite, so we have to replace the noce backsplash. We didn't have time to remove the old tiles since the install got moved up so quickly, but it is coming out tomorrow. I am going to try to email you with the fabricator info!

Sprtphntc, we didn't have enough granite to do behind the range. We bought 1 very large slab and were able to get 61 sq ft from it, but there was very little extra. I would love to see your photos, I will try to email you also!

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 7:55PM
andreak100

Really lovely granite! I can understand why you're thrilled...and a few weeks early to boot! How often does THAT happen?

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 11:41AM
romy718

Lovely! The hood color looks beautiful with it. Please post some more pics after the uppers go in.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 12:04PM
More Discussions
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
Scullery...
What are your thoughts about a scullery? A place to...
lavender_lass
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™