Great Room Colors

linda888February 2, 2009

Here are the pics of our great room area. I posted the following message entitled "Should Woods Match?" on the discussion board, but I guess you can't put pictures there? Anyway, here is my question:

Hello,

I hope someone can help me! We have a great room (kitchen, dining area, family room all in one huge space). I'm not sure what kind of coffee table/end tables/tv armoire to get in terms of the color of the wood. It's hard because it is all in view at the same time.

The kitchen cabinets are maple, the hardwood floors (which go throughout) are tiger wood (reddish-orangish-brownish with black streaks), and the sofas are a maroonish color (which I dont like, but oh well). The walls are going to be a camel color, with one wall in the kitchen being chocolate brown. I also want to put a shag rug in the family room area, and I don't know what color to get (either tan, brown, black, white, or cream).

I guess I have to post the pictures in the "gallery"? So I'll try to post them there under the title "Great Room colors"

THANKS!!!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda888

couch

Bookmark   February 2, 2009 at 9:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

Linda, just want you to know that a shag rug is brutal when you have kids or pets or even crumbs. I had one and got rid of it for those reasons. If it were me, I'd do the rug in a shade lighter than the camel rug. Take a paint sample whilst looking for the rug. Maybe you could find one with a little black and cranberry
in it and then use black as the accent tables. I have several different types of wood in all my rooms and I love the variety. You can also used painted wood tables which really add charm to a room.

Bookmark   February 3, 2009 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
what could make these sheers more modern?
The bamboo roman shade in one of these windows fell...
melle_sacto
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
Hardwood floors and adjoining room, help please
We are sanding and staining the wood in our living...
jtaime2
Wood filler when sanding isn't possible
My toilet paper holder is attached to my vanity. I...
Linelle
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - I hate it!!
I'm painting a few pieces of furniture for my daughters...
aggierose
Sponsored Products
Eliot Leather Sofa - Brighton Zinc Beige
Joybird Furniture
Pyramid Dining Side Chair in White
$120.00 | LexMod
Shimmering Substance Art Print
$44.99 | Dot & Bo
Palladian WS11310 Wall Sconce
Lightology
Encore Leather Swivel Arm Chair - LC247ARSWBL
$352.00 | Hayneedle
Coral Reef Purple Flowers Cone Small Gourd Table Lamp
$49.94 | Lamps Plus
Maxine Bench - LIGHT GREY
$2,299.00 | Horchow
VIG Furniture - Divani Casa Molino Modern Black Full Leather...
Great Furniture Deal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™