Bosch geothermal?

mmksOctober 8, 2012

We are rebuilding after a fire, and we just go our bids back and they are for a 2 stage Bosch. We have been able to save the foundation, and the vertical wells that we had for the geothermal are ok. I have never heard of Bosch in the geothermal, we are going with a different company to do the work and I just wondered about the opinions here for Bosch Geothermal, I did a search and there wasn't much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fsq4cw

Bosch bought Florida Heat Pump and rebranded it as Bosch Geothermal et voila!

SR

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 5:17PM
mmks

Is that a good system? I am just nervous because even though I showed them what was there by pictures and such they seem to be going lower end on much of the stuff in the estimate, and I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case with the geo system.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 5:26PM
fsq4cw

"Is that a good system?"

It's more important how it's installed. You need the details of what was originally installed in the ground and the details of the load characteristics of your new home to determine if additional ground loops need to be added.

What do you mean by, "they seem to be going lower end on much of the stuff in the estimate"?

Seek other estimates. Learn from other contractors; know what goes into a well designed and installed system - do your homework BEFORE you sign!

SR

Here is a link that might be useful: International Ground Source Heat Pump Association

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 9:48AM
HEProfessional

What Model Bosch is proposed ? They are all perfectly good , but as someone above stated it's only as good as the installer and method of installation .

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 5:12PM
More Discussions
HVAC question
I live near Charlotte NC and have a new Bryant Hybrid...
gtodd1966
Rheem Econet AC
Does anyone know when the new Rheem econet Ac units...
bdubb5
New Mini Split Designs for 2015
I, and I am sure others, would love to hear what is...
josey11
Are mini-splits a bad idea.
I have lived in both Europe and the Middle East and...
bry911
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
ccintx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™