installing pedestals for Samsung Washer

allanjJune 16, 2009

I just purchased the pedestals for my Samsung Washer and drier. I am wanting to know if I have to put the shipping bolts back into the washer before laying it down on it's side to attach the pedestal to it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housefairy

YES

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 12:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calgal59

Heck yes. And whatever you do not turn the washer upside down! Actually you shouldn't even lay it on it's side. When our washer was delivered in April of this year they raised it up and lowered it on to the pedestal and the installer got on his back and bolted it to the pedestal. The weight of the motor will knock everything out of alignment and you will end up with vibration and scraping noise when the machine is running.

Samsung and other manufacturers are now starting to go after the dealers about turning the machines over or tilted more than 45 degrees to install the pedestals. Just before our washer and dryer was delivered the rep from Sansumg paid a visit to our local Lowe's and told them to stop flipping and/or turning the washers over to install the pedestals. The installers use special body straps to lift the machines up, then lower it onto the pedestal.

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 3:28AM
More Discussions
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™