Samsung washer, automatic dispenser not draining water completely

hrhpriJune 11, 2014

Hello, we have had a Samsung frontloading washing machine for about six months now. From the beginning, the automatic dispenser where you put the detergent (we use liquid) has not completely drained water at the end of the cycle. At the end, we have to close the front door, open the automatic dispenser tray, and close it slowly so that it seems as though something has to align just so, and then the water is seem to drain into the main tub.

It seems like an alignment issue, or could there be some other reason why the automatic dispenser tray is not completely dry or drained at the end of the cycle. We are still under warranty and could check with Samsung or Lowe's, but I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone else experienced something similar.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
erinsean

Is it water, or is it detergent (mine is yellow colored (All))? I have a little water left in the detergent dispenser. There is also a little of the blue softener left in the fabric softener dispenser....but not enough to be alarmed about. My bleach dispenser has a little water in it also when the load is finished. I know it is water because doesn't smell like bleach. My front loaders are Whirlpool. I would ask Samsung or Lowes before the warrany is over.

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 1:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jstagaman

The manuals of my front loaders have always had a message that it is normal for some water to remain in the detergent dispenser after a wash cycle. In the user manual for the Samsung washer I downloaded from their support site, the same instructions are present. It sounds completely normal.

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 7:20PM
More Discussions
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™