Trane HVAC quotes
I recently received two quotes for new construction installation from a couple of reputable Trane dealers and was wondering about the unit models as they are not quoting the same models (the model # are a little different but it may just be because one is quoting 1/2 tons and the other is not)....also there is a pretty big price discrepancy... little odd -- so i was wondering what i was missing... thx
TAM7A0B30H21 2.5 ton HE VS air handler 10kw strip
TAM7A0C42H31 3.5 ton HE VS air handler 15kw strip
4TWR5030 2.5 ton XR 15 heat pump
4TWR5042 3.5 ton XR 15 heat pmup
2- TCONT802 prog thermostat
square duct with flex round lines, hart &cooley grills
$12,550 (tax included)
upgrade both to XL20i systems
2- 3 ton XR15-410a heat pump
2- 3 ton 4TEE 410 V/S CNV air handler
2- KW standard heat strips
2- non- prog 3H/1C sensor digital heat pump thermostat
2- 10 yr parts and labor warranty
- of course installation...
upgrade to 3ton R-410A XL15i units
upgrade to XL20i units with (2) 4 ton 4TEE 410 V/S CVV air handler....$21,800
option doesnt say with taxes..but i would hope so(for comparison sake - let say so)
My thoughts -
- this is how they wrote them out.. with A seemingly having more detail on the units - but how many different types of 15 seer trane units do they make - although they both have variable speed (the second one on B has an "extra hood" that is cosmetic and changes the direction of the fan venting...)
- both are going to use flex - not metal duct work
- B added the warranty that A did not and mentioned that it was $1200 - which i though was total--- yet after reviewing this got me thinking - is that per unit? that would drop it down - but would make B be higher.
- A has prog thermostat and B doesnt - not a large difference - but a difference.
- house is 3200+sqft and the idea is to have one unit on the bedrooms and the other on the living area (A- was going to put the 3.5 on the bedrooms...)
- B touted their ductwork as they use a reducing method as they go throughout the house-- havent talked to A about it...was just thrown off about the price diffences..
any opinions welcomed