Advice on washer/dryer/laundry room

richardtbJune 23, 2013

I have been reading the posts about washer and driers on the site, but I am still not sure what combination I should get.

We are doing a major remodel on a one-story condominium. So, we are going to build the laundry room from scratch, including picking a new floor. We are not all that concerned on water costs since we pay for those as part of our condominium fee. We are a family of three so we don�t need to wash all that many clothes.

What we are looking for is for a washer and drier that will last a long time. The reason for this is that we will make sure that the contractors installs it properly and that the washer and drier are of the right fit for the laundry room, and we don�t want to have to redo these things for a long time. So, if the most expensive washing machine is going to last longer, that is an investment we are willing to make. Of course, given that we are in a high-rise,
having a leak would be really bad. So, that is also something we would want to avoid!

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchenkat

Regarding a new laundry purchase, buying a Speed Queen set is the best investment you can make . They have been in the business for over 100 years and build the most reliable and best warranted products on the market. Whereas most manufacturers add expensive to replace bells and whistles to command ever increasing prices, Speed Queen builds simple to operate (and repair) machines for both homeowners and commercial buyers. As an added bonus, they are manufactured in the USA, providing jobs to American citizens.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprillh
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
Persil DuoCaps Made in Germany
So after my less than great results with the new "WalMart...
larsi_gw
Sponsored Products
Design House 31W x 19D in. Aurora Cultured Marble Single Sink Vanity Top Multico
$299.99 | Hayneedle
Slamp | Medusa Chandelier
YLighting
Prisco Dark Bronze Fluorescent One-Light Table Lamp
$148.00 | Bellacor
George Kovacs P3 Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Contemporary Black Linen Shade Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
La Vida Neutral Lounge
$279.99 | Dot & Bo
30" Daulton Creamy White Vanity for Semi-Recessed Sink