Replace front loader versus laundry center

homeownersueJune 14, 2013

The bearing is dying on my Kenmore HE2 plus front load washer. It is 8 years old, and has the companion Kenmore dryer stacked on top of it. I bought the appliances with my condo last year, so I know nothing about how they were used before me. There is no room in my condo utility room for any side by side arrangement of w/d.
I can buy a new front loader (hopefully, one that will permit me to keep the dryer stacked on top of it siince the dryer is fine). Or, I was thinking that perhaps it would be better to get rid of both pirces and purchase one of those laundry centers, with a smaller top load washer on the bottom and the dryer on top. It is more money in short run (replacing both pieces) but perhaps the laundry center would have a longer life with a top load washer.
Any advice would be welcome. I am told Kenmore is made by Whirlpool and if I buy another front loader, am inclined to buy Kenmore again but would be interested to know others' experiences (tho I know there are message strings here on f/l brands).
Thanks!!

More Discussions
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™