problems with thermostat

efamily71October 27, 2011

Dear members, i just recently replaced an old thermostat with the dial kind with a new honeywell model it worked fine with the air cond. but now tht its winter when we turn on the heater after it has reached the approximate temp. the blower fan keeps running.I have tried replacing batt. on honeywell unit and keep messin with the temp but even with control in off position . the fan stays on. any suggestions honeywell model is rth2300b1012.or tht could be serial #

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
efamily71

ok actual model number of honeywell model is rthl 2510c it is a 7 day programmable model..

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 1:28PM
harlemhvacguy

do you have gas heat ? heat pump? more info needed.

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 3:50PM
efamily71

Ok members found out problem regarding thermostat...when the batteries are going out on a electronic thermostat like the honeywell model i purchased. wen u take it off wall to replace batteries. i had to leave unit off wall overnite almost like it had to reset. because when i finally put it back on wall it started to work just fine............SO FYI make sure unit is turned off before removing to replace batteries......otherwise the unit goes haywire..................

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 4:30PM
harlemhvacguy

well I am not sure what your problem was but that wasn't it. I replace batteries in thermostats usually a couple times a day in customers houses. problem will most likely surface again.

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
Neighbor Finally Upgrades to Heat Pump
My next door neighbor finally took my advice and upgraded...
newtalk2
Insulating floor on my raised home in Louisiana.
We recently installed solar panels on our home. We...
ktyler1320
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
Problems with HVAC in 1958 Cape Cod
I've been reading the blogs here and hope that the...
ginaff58
Need help with my Heat Pump
I have a 2 ton carrier air handler that is 410-A compatible....
Jason Johnson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™