Experience with Duet in mid-size front-loaders? Alternatives???

overhearJune 30, 2012

Hi All,

I am purchasing stackable front-loading washer and dryer for an upstairs laundry closet. Due to space constraints, I'm limited to mid-size models.

Given the positive reviews of Duet machines I was planning on buying the WFW9351Y washer and companion 8572546 steam dryer. But now I'm getting nervous because I've been reading that the smaller Duets aren't of the same quality as the large models.

Honestly, I don't even know if the models I picked (based on their dimensions, 27W x 30.5D) are Cabria or Sport models, which seem to have gotten the most criticism as it doesn't refer to them by name on the Whirlpool website.

Can any owners tell me how they like them?

Any alternatives???

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregpsnow

I have the Duet Sport HT set - about 5.5 years old. They have been flawless - no problems. Nothing fancy, but they have adequate cycles, a heater if I need it and my favorite part is the way the clothes come out of the washer so dry. Much better than the ancient laundry center they replaced.

I bought them partly because of space limits and partly because of the price - they were 1500 for the set - which was great at the time. I don't know what the prices are now - I hope I don't need to buy any for a while.

Many of the problems you read about are operator error - overloading, too much/wrong soap, not leaving the door open. I run a Clean Washer cycle every 2-3 months and I have no smell or yuck in the machine.

Good luck with your shopping.

Bookmark   July 3, 2012 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
Whirlpool Cabrio top loaders vs LG?
Hi all. I am interested in Whirlpool because we can...
jennifer2413
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
Advice on machines (Frontload vs HE Top load; LG vs Electrolux)
Hello there! I am doing a renovation/redesign of my...
jaybird1487
Sponsored Products
Quest Thermostatic Shower System, Round Head & Arm & Round Jet Sprays
Hudson Reed
Bass Credenza by Domitalia
$2,518.56 | Lumens
Nourison Area Rug: Style Bright Denim 7' 6" x 9' 6"
Home Depot
Fresno Espresso 52-Inch x 84-Inch Blackout Window Curtain Panel
$24.95 | Bellacor
Jaipur Anatolia Ottoman Flat Weave Tribal Pattern Wool Handmade Rug Multicolor -
$83.00 | Hayneedle
Laura Ashley English Rose Candle Rack Embossed Greenery KROS2275
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™