Bosch Nexxt 300 dispenser question

beanwabrJune 8, 2010

I've had my washer for 2 years now, no concerns until now. On occasion, when I fill the dispenser with fabric softener/vinegar before starting the washer, instead of it remaining in there until the right time, it will just go on down; yesterday this happened in the bleach compartment. I thought at first maybe I was adding it in too quickly, but this is not always the case, as sometimes I can pour it in slowly and it still disappears. Any idea what is going on? Is there any harm with these things getting added in before they should be? It just seems to happen randomly. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenspuds

I don't have your model, I have a Nexxt Premium which is older than your model. Have you ever taken the dispener out to clean? I haven't had your problem, but when I take the dispenser out to clean, I make sure that it is snapped firmly back down into place before using again. You might want to take it out if you never have and see if it is ajar. Mine sometimes stays partially filled with water after dispensing, so I've started taking it out after I'm done with laundry for the day. Figure it can't hurt.

Bleach will inactivate some detergents if the detergent has enzymes present. Fabric softener will be washed away by the detergent and rendered useless if emptied out at the wrong time- that's why it releases in the rinse cycle.

Barbara

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 5:45PM
More Discussions
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™