Agitatorless TL - Best Value?

bert76June 29, 2011

I'm seeking recommendations on the best value for an agitatorless top loader. My top must have is an on-board heater. I'd really like a soak cycle as well.

This machine will replace a 6-7 year old GE front loader that I believe it about to go. It's perfectly level yet it's so loud on the spin cycle with banging that it wakes my kids.

Our laundry space is on a second level, but we don't have the money for a remodel to beef up the floors (kitchen is below). So I'm thinking my best option is to buy a TL.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mara_2008

An onboard heater and soak cycle were priorities for me too. I bought the Maytag Bravos model which both, plus other great features. I love the huge capacity (5.2 cu ft), as I can easily wash a queen or king size comforter, and huge loads of laundry in much less water than my former washers used.

When I researched this washer and read reviews, many of them specifically mentioned how great it is on a 2nd floor, due to lack of vibration.

Hope this helps.

Bookmark   June 30, 2011 at 10:20AM
bert76

Thanks, Mara! Glad to hear the Bravo is working so great for you. How long have you had it?

Did you get the matching dryer? With such a large capacity washer I think it would be good to have coordinated sizes.

Bookmark   June 30, 2011 at 2:01PM
mara_2008

Sorry I've just now seen your further questions. I bought mine last year. I don't have the matching dryer -- I didn't particularly want or need steam -- so I'm still using a Bravos dryer I bought in '08. It's virtually the same size as the one which matches my washer, and dries the laundry perfectly. No complaints at all. :)

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 4:30AM
gates1

I have the LG Waveforce washer and dryer, the washer has the internal heater in it. I Can wash King size blanets and matress pads in mine too. The selling point for me on this washer next to the Bravos 850 model was I have the option of adding more water to my wash and rinse cycles if I wasnt. It took me forever to decide on one of the two. When Home Depot put my set on sale and I got 800 dollars off the set, plus a extrented warranty for 150 dollars combined for the set for 5 years, that made my choice a lot easier. Ive had it over 6 months, no complaints about its cleaning proformance or reliability at all

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Good sheet set, stand up to laundering...
Hi all: I placed this post in the laundry forum because...
CharterOps
Fisher+Paykel Eco Intuitive not working properly
Hello, I hope someone out there can help me! I have...
varietypack
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
Sponsored Products
Elk Lighting Danica 46008/1 1 Light Pendant - 46008/1
$138.00 | Hayneedle
Mandarin Juicer by Alessi
$49.00 | Lumens
Colonial Mills Bristol Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - WL00A018X018
$85.99 | Hayneedle
Chooty and Co Findlay Apricot Bedding Set - CHO5243
$264.99 | Hayneedle
Air Balloon with Blue Birds Fleece Throw
$49.99 | zulily