Please Help with Thermostat Question

cactuscatieOctober 28, 2011

We have a White-Rodgers 1F78-151 Programmable thermostat. We have the thermostat set for 72F. The temp in the house is 62F. The heat comes on but goes off before the programmed temp.

Something is causing the heat to go on and off but it always goes off before 72F. I've checked the date/time and they are correct.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't the heat run until the temp reaches 72F? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_home

This may not be a thermostat problem. When was the last time the furnace was serviced?

Check the filter and see if needs to be changed. If you have a dirty or restrictive filter, the furnace could be experiencing a temperature limit override. This is a safety feature of the furnace so it does not overheat and damage the heat exchanger. Poor air flow can cause this problem.

Bookmark   October 28, 2011 at 10:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactuscatie

I forgot to mention that our heat is 2 zones. The 1st zone on our 1st floor is working fine. The 2nd zone on our 2nd floor is not coming up to temp.

Anyway I was hoping it was something simple and we could fix it. We will call for service. Thanks mike for answering my post.

Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 8:28AM
More Discussions
I Like the Forum Changes
IMO; this new forum setup is an improvement...
udarrell
Enery efficiency of exposed ductwork?
What are your thoughts on the energy efficiency of...
ccintx
Need help choosing an efficient HRV Air Exchanger
Hi, My house as a total area of 2300 square feet (1150*x)....
Jim_Lafleur
New Mini Split Designs for 2015
I, and I am sure others, would love to hear what is...
josey11
Problems with HVAC in 1958 Cape Cod
I've been reading the blogs here and hope that the...
ginaff58
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™