fisher and paykel washer will not start

kenneth2June 28, 2009

my fisher and paykel has no power. i checked the plug, there is power there. i unplugged and reset no luck. I tried hoding the temp down button and hirring power no luck. it is as if it is not plugged in any ideas? the model is gwl10u2

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

The pump on a GWL10 is part of the machine's internal power circuit. A bad pump will prevent it from powering-up. A leaking pump that has the windings damaged, gone to high resistance, can also kill the controller board. Get under the machine, remove the pump (no tools needed, pull the wires, find a white plastic latch on the metal mounting plate, hold the latch and rotate the pump body counterclockwise to remove it from the plate). Examine the pump for signs of leaking, and/or darkening or corrosion on the windings (pull off the plastic cover for a better view). Check the pump with a volt-ohm meter, it should read 33 ohms. If not, replace it (www.searspartsdirect.com). (Lube the rubber seal face on the pump with liquid hand soap or dishwashing detergent when reattaching it.) If the machine is still dead with a new pump, then the controller board will need to be replaced, which is considerably more expensive, so you need to decide up-front if you want to go the distance with the repair. Sears may allow return of the pump, you might check on that.

Bookmark   June 28, 2009 at 10:53AM
More Discussions
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
front loading washer doesn't get clothes clean
8 years ago I bought a GE profile front loading washing...
slogan3561
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™