what happened to the spin cycle?

kateskourosJune 10, 2012

i've been using my bosch vision 500 w/d stack set for a few months now and really love it. no problems. well, not really. today i threw my son's jacket in the wash (nothing else, just the jacket) and when the cycle was finished i went to toss it into the dryer but it was soaking wet. i wasn't in the house when the machine was on so i'm not entirely sure it went through a spin cycle or not. i put it through again but, same thing. i had to ring the coat out and hang it in the garage to dry out a bit before throwing it into the dryer.

the jacket while on the heavy side, is definitely not heavier than a standard full load. any idea why this would happen? the machine still functions well, as i did a couple of loads afterwards. just very curious.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
izeve

With just one item, the washer probably couldn't balance the load and never went into the spin cycle. Even if the item is not very heavy, it is still just one item so there isn't anything else to counterbalance it. Next time, wash another item or two with the jacket and see if that helps.

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 8:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grapeleaves

I have the Bosch nexxt and so have the same problem if I want to wash one item.
I hate it that the machine does not have a spin only cycle
I end up having to throw in some clean hand towels to balance the load and then I usually run the shortest cycle on my machine which is refresh.

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™