Arcoaire?

HenleyOctober 5, 2011

Our contractor wants to use a heating and air conditioning unit made by Arcoaire. We are only familiar with Trane and Carrier so don't know what to think about this maker. Is anyone familiar with it and its quality? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

Looking at the Arcoaire equipment makes me believe that it is built at minimal cost. I do not know how well it functions or how durable it may be. On looks alone, the Goodman looks to be much better built.

Bookmark   October 5, 2011 at 9:13AM
heatseeker

if taken care of and installed properly should give you a good service life. Units like trane and carrier have a higher line of equipment that has more safety cutouts to protect compressor and motors, however you have to pay for that nothing is cheap or free.

Bookmark   October 5, 2011 at 10:27AM
neohioheatpump

I just checked their website. Arcoaire is simply re-badged comfortmaker. Nothing wrong with comfortmaker. I know some people that have them and they seem very solid. Some independent installers can install some off brand equipment like this for good prices and provide a better deal than the big 'dealer brands'.

What equipment and price is the contractor proposing?

Bookmark   October 5, 2011 at 12:29PM
baldloonie

ICP is owned by Carrier, same factories. The builder outdoor units are virtually identical to Carrier & Bryant. The mainline units are among the nicest on the market with high & low pressure protection monitored by the Copeland ComfortAlert module, compressor sound cover, 2 speed condenser fan, sound deadening top, 5 year or more replacement warranty. That doesn't sound like it is built at minimal cost! In the future the line between Carrier & ICP furnace will be very limited. The whole family will have similar products. I like the looks of the new 95% line and I don't normally like Carrier.

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 8:46PM
More Discussions
Advice on HVAC & Insulation issues
I have a few questions that I would love to have input...
cinamn808
Need help with my Heat Pump
I have a 2 ton carrier air handler that is 410-A compatible....
Jason Johnson
$10,000 for a Furnace and A/C? Seems pricey....
Hello, So we bought our house a bit over a year ago...
bonsaicowboy
2 Stage vs 1 Stage
I am trying to decide what HVAC replacement system...
cms9323
New Bryant legacy vs 5 year old carrier infinity
My parents need a new a.c., There's is broken and probably...
David
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™