Fischer Payel Ecosmart washer

mbanwardJune 4, 2014

I have had a variety of problems with this washer but, I guess, all in all, it's been ok. But the past few days, after I do a load of laundry, the clothes are clean and they are spun properly - no excess water. However, after I remove them, water leaks from the top of the washer into the washer leaving ~ 1/4 inch of water in the tub. The washer works fine and seems to be cleaning fine although obviously I have to remove the clothes right away or they get kind of soggy. Has anyone heard of this problem before and/or have any idea of what is causing it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Common problem with any washer ... one (or both in rare cases) of the water valves has gone bad, isn't fully shutting off. Could be obstructed with a bit of debris from the household water supply, such as a grain of sand.

Turning off the supply faucets when the machine is not being used will stop the leaking.

Turn off one faucet at a time to determine which valve -- hot or cold -- is the culprit.

There are several models labeled EcoSmart and you didn't provide your specific model number so I can't at this point tell you what are the part numbers for the valves. It's an easy repair and the valves are reasonable cost, $35 to $55 depending on which valve and supplier/source.

Bookmark   June 4, 2014 at 6:38AM
More Discussions
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™