Dryer that doesn't tangle long sheets

lalitharJune 12, 2012

I was looking for advice on different thread on 220v washers and realized that there is a case to be made for a different brand of dryer. Are there any dryers that dry well and help avoid the sheets from getting balled up. We were going to do the Miele washer dryer till they discontinued. Now we are looking at Asko and Bosch for washers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sparky823

When you take your sheets out of the washer, shake them, then fold them up into squares like you would if you are going to put them in the closet. Then put them in the dryer(folded) and dry them. See if this doesn't help the balling up.

I would go with a large dryer like the LG or new Electrolux. JMO

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 1:09AM
whirlpool_trainee

Took my Bosch less than a minute to unfold my sheets and the results were the same.

Alex

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 5:31AM
dadoes

My Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad dryer reverses the tumble for 40 seconds every 4 minutes throughout the cycle. I've not had a tangled or rolled-up sheet or other large/bulky item since October 2004.

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 9:10AM
lalithar

I guess reverse tumbling is the answer.

Dadoes - is your dryer electric or gas?

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 1:34AM
dadoes

The unit I have is electric. Gas is also available.

There are currently three models (six if gas & electric are counted separately). DG62T27CW2, DG62T27DW2, & DG62T27GW2 are the gas models. They differ in control panel layout and choice of cycles/options. CW2 and DW2 are labeled AeroSmart and are marketed as matches to F&P's AquaSmart washers with matching control panels (CW2 has an LCD panel with capacitive touch buttons, DW2 has soft-touch buttons and no LCD). GW2 has soft-touch buttons (no LCD) and matches the panel of the EcoSmart washer. Any model of course can be used with any brand/model of washer. GW2 is equivalent to the older DEGX1 that I have.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 8:22AM
cj47_gw

My Electrolux dryer reverse tumbles at the end of the cycle, and it does not tangle my California king sized sheets.

Cj

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 2:48PM
lalithar

Thanks dadoes and CJ. More appliances for me to check out this weekend.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 3:34AM
dave1812

a couple of tennis balls placed in white socks helps prevent balling up in the dryer.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™