Duet washer repair woes

gin_ginJune 26, 2013

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, WFW9500TW01, a few months shy of 5 years old.

Last month it started throwing error codes and shutting down mid cycle. I'm getting F25 & F17. (F17 doesn't exist according to Whirlpool, so nobody seems to know what it means, and googling revealed nothing.)

Of course it's long out of warranty, but I decided it's worth repairing. The first repair guy thought it was the motor control unit. When he came back and installed it, it of course didn't fix the machine. A 2nd repair guy from the same company was called out. 2nd guy thinks it's the motor. 2 more weeks have gone by, apparently the motor is back ordered.

I can sort of get the machine to work with small loads. It will do the wash part of the cycle, and even the first spin. It will fill for the 1st rinse, and then it beeps, flashes F25, or sometimes F17, and quits. I can then turn it to drain/spin and sometimes it will spin & sometimes it won't.

I'm just wondering if any experts here can give me an opinion on if you think they're on the right track with the motor. It's been almost 5 weeks since this started, so if this next repair doesn't fix it I'm going to be a wee bit annoyed.

Thanks,
Gin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gin_gin

Well the new motor fixed it, so I guess I'll let this drop.

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™