New Samsung TL

larrynkyMay 28, 2011

Currently I have a Maytag Washer and Dryer I purchased in 1991. They still operate and have worked well. Knowing that the new appliances are much more energy and water efficient I have been looking at new models. Today in Lowes I saw a new top load washer (Mod#WA5451ANW) from Samsung along with a matching dryer (Mod#DV5451AEW). It looks pretty nice and wonder if anyone has these and what are their thoughts. I believe these are new models from Samsung as their others are FL washers. My wife only wants top load and is not particularly inclined to retire the Maytags. Any opinions are appreciate.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sparky823

Keep your Maytags.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 11:53PM
dbfirewife

I second Sparky's motion...although I have a fairly new set of front loading Samsung and I am happy with them... no way I would get rid of a good working set of Maytags...

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 10:09AM
Cavimum

I was terrified of replacing our old TL set with FL because I am highly allergic to mold and had read plenty about those issues.

As I researched the newer HE TLs, I found I was reading about how the new 'HE' TLs are rougher on laundry, and that terrified me even more. We take good care of our clothes and they have to last us a long time, since we buy neither cheap 'disposable' clothing nor trendy stuff.

After reading the laundry forums here and at ConsumerReports web site, I made an educated decision to go with FL, as I felt it was the best choice for us. I now have a good handle on how to prevent mold & mildew issues in a FL, thanks to info I found on both forums.

I suggest you read as much as you can, so that whichever you choose, you will feel it is the best for your needs, or at least the lesser of two evils. ;-)

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 2:26PM
larrynky

Thanks for the messages. My wife wants to keep the old Maytags too. I will sit tight with them until I have something major occur.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Good sheet set, stand up to laundering...
Hi all: I placed this post in the laundry forum because...
CharterOps
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Blinded by the technology and shiny bits
A couple of weeks ago my 20 yr old 22lb Admiral dryer...
mmmm12
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™