LG, Whirlpool, GE

gabethanMay 23, 2014

Hi All,

Any recommendations on a front loading washer/dryer?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sparky823

If I had to buy a new one tomorrow I would get an LG or a Kenmore that is made by LG. Go to reviewed.com and read about those--they tell the differences between the two.

I like the fact that they have jets to circulate water and spray the clothes making sure everything gets wet. Other models may have this also, not sure. I believe I have read Frigidaire recirculates also.

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 12:53AM
larsi_gw

Electrolux Wave Touch (70 Series) does an amazing job at saturating clothes, and the rinses are pretty good. Options include 'Add more Water", which does significantly increase water during most wash cycles. It does NOT increase water during rinses, but an Option is 'Fresh Rinse", which add an addt'l. rinse. I think the BEST feature is the washer's 'Shrink Guard' Option.....after the final spin, the drum tumbles in both directions for 10!! mins. Clothes, sheets, towels are left fluffed, untangled, not plastered tight around the wash drum. Clothes dry faster, with fewer wrinkles....and there is no need to have to manually shake & untangle each item, before putting in the dryer!! The Wave Touch dryer also offers Reverse Tumble, Wrinkle Prevent and Shrink Guard. Highly recommended!!! :)

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 9:43AM
gabethan

Thanks! I keep reading the different sites with reviews. It seems that every brand has their issues, and each brand has has machines that die right after their warranty has expired which is kind of scary.

I think the LG that is 5.2 ft. Is very interesting. I would love not to have to do so much laundry!!

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 9:15AM
More Discussions
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™