ironing latex

brownthumbiaMay 9, 2011

I don't know if this is the right place but I guess it would be laundry...I'm sorry if am wrong but I really need some advice. I just bought 2 pair of capri pants, both have latex in them. Now, I do like the way they fit and the latex sure makes them even more comfortable. But, the question I have is, how do you iron them without harming the latex? Some material needs a pretty hot iron but I don't think that does the latex any good. Wouldn't it melt the latex if the iron is so hot? Any ideas are certainly appreciated. I don't like wrinkled dress clothes but there is more and more latex being used and I don't know what to do with it. thanks in advance for any help you can give me. BT

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregpsnow

Do they have latex or spandex? Latex is not usually used to make clothes stretchy - that is usually spandex (Lycra is a brand name). If it is Lycra then you should always wash on warmish temps and dry on Cool - never hot. You can iron them carefully with a cool iron, but you often don't need to iron them much. Heat is the enemy of spandex. If they get too hot they will lose their stretch and become limp and baggy - never a good look.

Bookmark   May 10, 2011 at 3:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brownthumbia

oh, Oregpsnow, of course it's spandex. Duh, where I came up with latex I'll never know. thanks for your reply, I just do not like the way the clothes looks when the wrinkles are still somewhat there. I know the clerk told me not to use hot on something I bought earlier because a hot iron will melt the spandex---exactly what you said. Guess I'm gonna have to read the labels closely. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it so much.

Bookmark   May 10, 2011 at 6:18PM
More Discussions
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Tide Turbo Clean Detergent
Has anyone tried the new tide turbo clean line. I saw...
harlowolivia
Does Persil Liquid ProClean from Walmart USA contain....
optical brighteners. Their website is next to useless...
spicy19
Sponsored Products
Metal Pump D├ęcor
$29.99 | zulily
Franklin Park Bronze 8 1/2" Wide White Glass Pendant Light
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Sea Shell Flower Design Shade 1 Light Wall Sconce
ParrotUncle
Metropolitan Montparnasse Wrought Iron Foyer Pendant
1800Lighting
Accent Rug: Morrison Natural 1' 11" x 3' 2"
$32.97 | Home Depot