Cost Estimate American Std. Heritage Hybrid 16-5 ton

Bob7723September 29, 2011

We have to replace our 11 year old 5 ton Trane HP/Ac package. The American Standard Salesman was out today suggesting an AS Heritage Hybrid Ultimate 16-5 Ton. Our hone is a one floor 2,700 foot ranch in Crossville, TN. I have a good electronic air filter and a poor Honey well humidifier. Poor but I do not think I need a better one and I control the humidify from the separate wall control. What would be a reasonable price for this unit installed with some replacement of ductwork and a Honeywell Visio Pro 1AQ thermostat that you have been suggesting?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigerdunes

Bob

An 11 yr old package system is not that old. Why are you replacing?

Five tons is rather large for a 2700 sq ft home. Has any dealer offered to perform a load calc to verify correct sizing?

How many quotes have you rec'd?

I do think Trane/AmStd make one of the best pkg systems on the residential market.

You have access to nat gas or will this be propane backup?

If your humidifier is not working properly, it either needs to be repaired or replaced.

What type of EAC do you have? It's age? HW Vp IAQ stat can handle the humidifier operation.

You need another quote. What have you been quoted? What is the scope of the ductwork modification?

Post back.

IMO

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 7:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tigerdunes

Bob

An 11 yr old package system is not that old. Why are you replacing?

Five tons is rather large for a 2700 sq ft home. Has any dealer offered to perform a load calc to verify correct sizing?

How many quotes have you rec'd?

I do think Trane/AmStd make one of the best pkg systems on the residential market.

You have access to nat gas or will this be propane backup?

If your humidifier is not working properly, it either needs to be repaired or replaced.

What type of EAC do you have? It's age? HW Vp IAQ stat can handle the humidifier operation.

You need another quote. What have you been quoted? What is the scope of the ductwork modification?

Post back.

IMO

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 8:05AM
More Discussions
Problems with HVAC in 1958 Cape Cod
I've been reading the blogs here and hope that the...
ginaff58
Propane furnace
I am considering replacing propane furnace & A/C...
zver11
Does anyone have experience with an R6GI?
I'm looking at some options to replace one of my HVAC...
aggieben
auxiliary heat vs. emergency heat
Greetings, I have a Bryan Evoltion Control heat pump...
decadent
furnace condensation freezing up
A non-profit club that I belong to has a furnace that...
doglover3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™