persil and baking soda

rainy5May 25, 2012

I just bought a miele 4840. I use persil and want to know does anyone add baking soda and how much to soften hard water. I am also trying to keep the hard water from ruining my machine.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beaniebakes

I have very hard water too, but never heard of using baking soda. I use 20 Mule Team Borax, a scant tablespoon along with Biokleen laundry powder. My machine is small -- an Asko European-sized -- and I do small loads, so a tblsp. of each is all I need. The Asko manual suggests adding 1 oz of citric acid into the wash drum and running a 205 degree program to remove deposits that may form on the wash drum. I've never had to do this.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 9:07PM
Sandy16

Baking soda can make hard water "harder". Depending on where you are in the country you may already have a high level of bicarbs in your water. Borax would be a better choice.

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 6:33PM
Sandy16

Forgot to add that Persil alone will likely be adequate for hard water. It is formulated for hard water and to eliminate build up.

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 6:35PM
More Discussions
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™