front load washers and clorox 2

corinnabMay 8, 2008

I'm wondering if anyone uses clorox 2 in a front load washer and if so, how is this done? I'd appreciate any input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47

I use Clorox 2 in my FL washer, I just throw it in with the powdered detergent, since mine has no special place for detergent, only for liquid bleach and fabric softener, neither of which I use. Seems to work well. I use the same amount that I used with my TL washer.

My daughter's FL washer (not stacked) does have a place for detergent and bleach in the top, so I put both in there when I am visiting and do laundry.

Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 9:01PM
lavenderblues

Clorox 2 also comes in liquid form, I use it all the time and have no problems.

I'd beware of the powdered if I were you - it's one more thing to jam up the works on a FLW, as if there aren't already enough other things. :)

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 1:05AM
corinnab

Thanks for the replies. I am new at front-load washing and was a little afraid to put the clorox 2 in with the detergent, but I'll give it a shot. I use liquid detergent and also liquid clorox 2, so hopefully no problems there.

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 7:09PM
dadoes

I doubt powdered detergents "jam up the works" on frontloaders. There were powdered detergents used with frontloaders for many years before liquids became common. Liquids sometimes contain alcohol which can cause seals and gaskets to dry-out over the long-term.

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 7:41PM
happymomof2kids

I'm not sure what type of washer you have, but I have a Frigidaire Affinity. My owners manual says to add color safe bleach with the detergent in the detergent dispenser if you have one. If you use liquid detergent then use the liquid clorox 2 HE. If you use powdered detergent then use the powdered clorox 2 HE. Mixing liquids and powders can cause a lot of gunky build up and clog your lines that flush the detergents into the washer. If you have no choice but to use a liquid with a powder due to product availability then dilute/melt whatever powder it is in water first before adding. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 9:40AM
More Discussions
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™