Laundry room sink

crl_May 6, 2014

Hi,

We have a small laundry room adjacent to a small kitchen. We are planning a kitchen remodel in 2015 and considering remodeling the laundry room at the same time.

Our laundry room does not currently have a laundry sink and I would really like to add one. It would be useful for cleaning up muddy shoes, soaking baseball pants, and the like.

Both the space and the budget are small. I'm thinking stainless steel might be the best material since I'd like to be able to soak stuff in oxiclean or bleach. My googling turned up some utility sinks from restaurant supply places. I'd prefer something that didn't limit my faucet selection the way the ones I have found do (stainless backsplash with predrilled holes). But I'm not coming up with anything as deep at a low price point so this might be the best option.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Stainless steel utility sink

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

I think that is a great looking sink. Have you looked at just installing a very functional wall mounted Chicago Faucet or Wolverine Faucet? They make the type that fit in these sinks and they are very well regarded faucets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicago Faucet 8

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 8:00AM
crl_

Thanks enduring! I would like to find a faucet with a sprayer of some kind. It seems like that would make cleaning muddy stuff, the sink itself, etc easier. I will check out your suggestions.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 8:27PM
coco4444

Here is mine: 20"x20"x8"deep. Last night I soaked 2 youth XL and 1 adult XL pants in it in oxy-clean (like minds, lol!). Sorry no picture, but all pants fit with waterline ~4" from top. Mine is a no-name, but pretty sure 18 ga and was $76. It did, however, restrict faucet selection as it came with 3 holes... we just used the escruteon (sp?) plate on the Delta Savile (which we knew we liked from our kitchen reno).

I had looked at bigger, deeper sinks, but honestly am glad I went with what I did. It's big and deep enough, but still gives me a smidge of counter room (installed on a 58" run)

Full view; "room" (if it qualifies as such!) is TINY:

**edited to add the word "pants" as I soaked pants, not ball players!**

This post was edited by Co-Co on Wed, May 14, 14 at 22:12

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 9:52PM
enduring

Co-Co great sink and looks perfect in that area.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 1:14PM
crl_

Thank you! I really appreciate the information and pictures! I'm trying to decide if I want a countertop over my machines. It seems like it would be useful for stopping things from falling behind, if nothing else, but I'm not sure how much it complicates accessing the turn-offs, etc in case of repairs. And it would sort of limit me to my current size of machines. . . .

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 3:35PM
plumberry

Something to note, I got a cheap stainless sink and regret it because it looks awful all the time. I got it at home depot $100 Elkay.

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™