Does anyone have washer drain pan?

ilovetnMay 27, 2008

We have just finished installing red oak floors, including our laundry closet off the kitchen. We purchased a drain pan so that leaks, or floods, could drain into the basement floor drains. I'm wondering if this pan will do the job, look tacky, be in the way, etc? Any opinions?

Carol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
regus_patoff

a wet oak floor would look tacky...

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 9:55PM
asolo

When I'm king, any appliance that uses water will have a drain beneath it. Pan, second-best....at least some fallback. They all leak sooner or later. ALL!

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 10:00PM
gordonr

Whether it looks tacky and is in the way depends on the pan you purchased and how it's installed.

Want it to look real good you can spend the money and have a tiled enclosure built with a drain.

We put in a Mustee Durapan with a removable front dam. The repair guy who was at our house thought it was great as the cheap plastic pans can easily get crushed when trying to move a 200 to 300 lb appliance in place or out for repair.

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 10:25PM
fahrenheit_451

When I'm king, any appliance that uses water will have a drain beneath it.Asolo, I pronounce you King! Hey, I went to look under our washer, and there is still no pan!

Bookmark   May 27, 2008 at 10:47PM
heimert

Ours looks fine--it was fabricated out of sheet metal and has about a 2" lip. Probably prefer not to have it for aesthetics, but it's pretty small and barely noticeable. And certainly good protection against the worst.

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 5:33PM
Banana2013

I found a drain pan that actually looks good. Bought a stainless steel pan from Killarney Metals (with link). Put it under my Whirlpool Duet and it kind of enhances my laundry room. Does take some additional room but the protection is worth it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Killarney Metals Whirlpool Drain Pan

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™