Help with a new washer!

newkitchen10May 2, 2012

I need a machine and am lost as to what to purchase. I purchased a GE FL model WCVH6800 two years ago and have been very unhappy with it from the start. Not only did the machine constantly smell even though I consistently left the door opened, cleaned the pump and basket regularly and washed it out with bleach quite often but the machine was ridiculously slow! Then after one year the shocks went on the machine and now the bearings are gone and the warranty company is giving me back the full purchase price to go buy a new machine.

I would really appreciate some help- if you have anything to add about a good or bad machine please let me know. I am not even sure whether of not to get a TL or FL- I am leaning toward a TL only because the GE was such a nightmare. I have three children who are away at school but when they are home we have a lot of laundry. Thanks so much!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hou5egeek

I'm interested to know too! I'm more interested in a good TL though, for the same reasons you mentioned.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 2:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave1812

I'd go back to TL's the day I decide to go back to black and white television. Don't let a lousy washer sour you on FL's. My FL smells fine after 6 months. I dry the gasket and upend the soap dispenser to remove excess water. My Samsung gets clothes so much cleaner than our top loader, and it uses a heck of a lot less soap and water. Also, a FL dries the clothes more during final spin.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 1:29PM
More Discussions
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™