More Fisher Paykel problems...

buckieepMay 29, 2012

GWL10US gets to the rinse cycle and stops - won't drain, and beeps every sec. Ran the diagnostics and there is no fault code in level 3. WHY can't I find a FULL Service Manual ANYWHERE??? So frustrating. Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

If the pump is running and it won't drain, then you have a problem with the diverter valve being stuck in recirculate mode ... it's either broken/faulty, or clogged with debris.

Also possible that the control board is gone bad and is energizing the diverter continuously, as long as the machine is plugged-in to power. The diverter energizes for recirculation, de-energizes for drain.

Try this: Unplug the machine for 5 to 10 mins. If the control board is at fault, this will allow the diverter to cool and shift back to drain mode. Then plug the machine back in and VERY QUICKLY select the Regular cycle, advance it to the Final Spin, and press Start. If it drains for a short while, one minute or so, then goes back to recirculation, that's an indication the control board may be bad. It it still doesn't drain, then examine the diverter.

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™