centrifugal radon mitigation fan

zeke111September 18, 2012

Anybody with knowledge of radon mitigating in-line fans.

If so, I have a "radonaway" fan that had a broken impeller which I replaced and am puzzled the way the blades are configured .

They are flat , radial and straight and appears to me that the air comes into a small central opening and is pushed out radially by centrifugal force.

So I suppose it would be called a centrifugal fan. Wondering if this configuration makes it quieter. What about efficiency which looks compromised to me since the air would strike normal to the enclosure, not a very good idea.

Thanks for listening

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

"if this configuration makes it quieter. "


"What about efficiency"

Who cares at the low power level you are dealing with.

The outlet is usually tangent to the rotating blades.

    Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 3:59PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Insulating floor on my raised home in Louisiana.
We recently installed solar panels on our home. We...
Propane furnace
I am considering replacing propane furnace & A/C...
Advice on HVAC & Insulation issues
I have a few questions that I would love to have input...
How to heat this room?
Hi folks! First post in this forum. I live in ec Iowa....
Problems with HVAC in 1958 Cape Cod
I've been reading the blogs here and hope that the...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™